Friday, July 13, 2012

The Fresh Factor: Salute to the Fish Co-Op


The Fish Co-Op is one of my all-time favorite places on Guam. I go in there at least once a week and am fairly proud of the fact that the guys behind the counter know me by name. They also know I'm going to ask, "Is it fresh?" They almost always roll their eyes and say yes... but every once in a while they don't answer and instead go look in the back to see if something else just came in :)

For any Guammies who are reading, this is a great place to be a consistent tipper, as it has paid off in a number of ways.... like the employees' willingness to check the back for me (when they don't have out what I want). Sometimes they surprise me and throw in a free tray of poki, which is absolutely to die for. Oh, I am going to miss this little market.

Here's my write-up on the Guam Guide, accompanied by a lemongrass ginger marinade recipe that turned out to be pretty fantastic. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Okay I'm drooling over that fish picture!! I miss that about Guam, that and the sushi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby! You are in Pensacola!! Get to Joe Patti's stat! That is the fish market I was referring to. Yummmm!!!

      Delete
  2. You are definitely the Fish Co-ops FAVORITE customer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, thanks to you, much easier to comment on my favorite blogs:)

      Delete
  3. Love that fresh fish. I can taste it in my dreams

    Love April

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! This blog is no longer active. If you write a comment, I will receive it, but may not respond right away. Thanks for stopping by!