Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hugs in the Bay Area

So my original goal destination on the west coast was San Diego. But when I thought I was flying into Travis AFB just nearby, I got in touch with my Bay Area friends and family. Turns out they were all free to see me the Sunday I would be in town. When the time came to book my ticket, I could have spent the same amount of miles and money to head to San Diego, mission accomplished. But thinking about all the people I would get to see and all the extra hugs from people I love, I just couldn't turn down a stop in the Bay Area.


Courtney picked me up at SFO extremely sleep deprived. It is not nearly as easy to sleep on an overnight flight when you are crammed into a seat surrounded by people. I much preferred my sleeping bag nest among the pallets on the military flight! But I rallied knowing brunch would have lattes and headed out to a cute restaurant called Luna Park in the Mission area where Courtney lives. We had a great visit with Nick's cousin Debi, her husband John and their little girl Madison. Debi is expecting twins in March. She looks great!


After a quick hello to Ben, Court and I headed south to San Jose for an awesome dinner with our cousins Dawn, Kurt, Katie and Olivia. One of our favorite things to do together is play "Just Dance" on the Wii. So fun hanging out with them!


 My Girls
 Dawn, Katie, Olivia, Courtney & Moi

It was a short stop, no question, but it was well worth the lost sleep and the extra plane ticket to get to see everyone. Already can't wait for my next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! This blog is no longer active. If you write a comment, I will receive it, but may not respond right away. Thanks for stopping by!