Wednesday, March 21, 2012

While You Were Sleeping

So we're at our friends' house Saturday night, hanging out with a group of people on their patio. We'd only been there for about an hour, but I had to leave to go home and take a turkey out of the oven. Yes, because of our new eating lifestyle, we bake full turkeys and turkey breasts to use as lunch meat for the week. And every so often our turkey stash runs out when I don't anticipate having time the following day to cook another turkey. Since Sundays are reserved for church and golf, we were resigned to bake a turkey Saturday night or (horrors!) forgo our designated eating regimen (fascinating, I know... read on!).

Just before I got on my bike to start the two-minute trek back to the house, Nick whispered nonchalantly, "Bring back the devil mask. Don't tell anyone else you have it."

Many people might respond to such a request with, "Why? What on earth for? What are you going to do with it?"

Instead, I simply added it to my list. I rode home, took the turkey out of the oven, switched the laundry from the washer to the dryer (a glimpse into how exciting the night life is around here), and grabbed the requested devil mask from the Halloween box in the storage closet. I put the mask in my backpack purse (a glimpse into how little fashion matters around here), and rode back to the gathering.

Back at the party, I jumped back in the conversation, enjoying catching up with everyone, especially since I have been off Facebook for Lent and had been feeling a little out of the loop. I had already forgotten about Nick's strange request when someone picked up the baby video monitor that had been sitting on the floor and said to our hostess, "Hey Erin, you might want to take a look at this."

"AAAhhhH!! What the....!!"

So turns out this is what Nick wanted the devil mask for:

3 comments:

  1. What a dork! I think that sounds like great night life to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In his defense, it WAS St. Patty's day... shenanigans :)

      Delete

Hey there! This blog is no longer active. If you write a comment, I will receive it, but may not respond right away. Thanks for stopping by!